Donald Trump was interviewed by Michael Savage on Savage's radio show Monday afternoon, 1/10/2011, for about 14 minutes beginning at :34 in the first hour. The two happened to meet at an event the preceding weekend and Savage invited him to call the show. I was listening to Savage's show in Manhattan as I often did and continue to do, recorded the interview on tape and transcribed it. A link may exist but I don't know of one at the moment. (S=Michael Savage, T=Donald Trump):
Run the country like a business not like an empire. There's only 1 man I
know who can do it, that's Donald Trump. Donald, welcome to the Savage
Nation. Thanks for being with us.
T: How are you, Michael, you're a piece of work, that I can tell you.
Well now, we don't know what you really mean when you say that. But
look, when you and I spoke yesterday, I asked you straight up, I didn't
mince words. I said to you where do you stand on tariffs with regard to
Chinese goods, and you didn't blink, you didn't mince words. Tell the
audience what you think should be done.
T: Well look, nobody is
hurting-outside of OPEC-this country more than China. What China's doing
to this country is absolutely a sin and it shouldn't be allowed, and
somebody has to speak to them. Somebody called me last week, the head of
China is coming next week to see the president, and they said, what
message would you have that the president should give? I said, the
president should cancel the meeting. And IMMEDIATELY cancel the meeting,
until such time as they stop manipulating their currency, etc., etc.,
because when they manipulate their currency our companies cannot compete
with theirs, they just can't. Beyond labor, beyond other things, they
can't compete, and I will tell you as a big buyer of products, glass,
and lots of other things, the Chinese are very, I mean, do we make
anything in this country anymore? It's being made in China and other
countries, but China is the big culprit. And the advantage they have is
through a manipulation of their currency. So, what I say to you very
simply is that I would absolutely tax all products coming in from China.
Then you'll say to me, oh, but don't they loan us a lot of money by
buying our bonds? And I would respond by saying, if you tax their
products those bonds will be paid off very, very rapidly.
S: What tax? What per cent?
I would say 25% and I would say a firm, strong 25%, and then, you know
what, when they start behaving properly. You know, we're building cities
in China, we're building China, we're rebuilding the whole place,
because what they're doing is they're taking all of our jobs. And it's
very interesting, I don't know if you heard Bernanke, Ben Bernanke the
other day, but he said very strongly, job market won't be back for 5 or 6
S: Yeah, I heard that, that's terrible. Well, you and I
had one point we disagreed on where you said you cannot buy anything
made in America anymore, and I said, Mr. Trump, you're wrong about that,
you can buy a congressman.
T: (Laughs) That's very true.
S: (Laughs) It's sadly true. So in addition to saying you're fired you now want to say, "You're elected," huh?
Michael, I don't believe 5 or 6 years because why are jobs coming back
to this country if everything is being made in China, Mexico, lots of
other places? You know what happened in Iowa? Iowa, it's very sad.
Newton, Iowa, Maytag, because of our brilliant system, Maytag moved
their manufacturing and virtually everything out of Iowa, Newton, and
T: And all the jobs.
That's because of NAFTA and the WTO. Now we on the conservative side in
the media were opposed to that in the '90's, we opposed NAFTA, we
opposed WTO, we were called crazy at the time. Would you repeal any of
these international agreements if you were president, Mr. Trump?
Well, NAFTA's been a total disaster, it's just been unbelievable how
horrible, you go up and look at New England, all you see is empty
factories that are just decaying buildings.
those people moved out and they moved over to Mexico and other places.
And you take a look at what's--the truth is the United States is a
whipping post for the rest of the world. And the reason is our people
aren't smart enough or tough enough to do something about it.
S: One of my callers, Rich in Pittsburgh is calling, and he's saying in China they tariff our products, is that true?
Totally true. I can tell you about a steel company, which I can't
mention, but I can tell you about a steel company, and I'm talking about
a big one, where they can't, they're not allowed to go into China and
sell steel. Look, at General Electric recently, where General electric
was forced to give up all their technology and all their secrets in
order to do business in China. I mean it's terrible what's going on, and
we do nothing. Look at South Korea, there's another one, there's
T: I just can't even believe.
But look at South Korea, they have a trade agreement that's so bad and
so one-sided for them and against us. Then the president goes there
recently, and they refuse to sign it because they want more. Then all of
a sudden, a couple of shells get lobbed onto one of their islands by
T: And all of a sudden, they come
back and they say, no, no, we will sign the agreement because they are
my great allies, they're our great allies.
S: (Laughs) Right.
T: Sure, as we have the SS, as we have the George Washington aircraft carrier, one of the great boats of the world.
And many destroyers sailing right toward North Korea, and I said to
myself, they make hundreds of billions of dollars of--let's use the word
profit, because it's easier to understand.
With the United States with their televisions, their cars, everything
else. The agreement is horrendous. We're protecting them, why aren't we
being paid for that? This nation is so rich, much richer than us,
actually, but why aren't they paying when we sail those incredible ships
over to North Korea, which by the way, cost millions of dollars an
S: What you're saying is why doesn't south Korea pay for
the price of sailing the ships and the men going there to protect them,
is that what you're saying?
T: Why doesn't South Korea pay us
something? Which means why don't we ask South Korea for something?
Instead, what to they do? They go out and they give us a trade agreement
that only an idiot from our standpoint would sign. So, it's a very,
very, sad situation.
S: But, Donald, if you were the chief
executive of the United States of America, would you do some of the more
controversial things that I've called for such as, let's go to Iraq.
Many men lost lives, lost limbs, lost eyes, we lost our national honor
in many ways for what? They're sitting on a sea of oil, they've never
given us a free barrel of oil. George Bush said they would pay us back
though oil. We never got one free barrel. Don't you think for example,
Iraq owes us a few hundred million barrels of oil in exchange for how
many billions we spent there?
T: Iraq has 15 trillion dollars of
oil sitting under its land, people don't realize. After Saudi Arabia,
they're the second nation for oil. Now, we've spent a trillion and a
T: They should pay us back. They should
pay us back. Now I don't know if that's necessarily the greatest
example, only because it's not like Iraq is, I don't know, a lot of
people would say, did we really do them a favor. If you go over there,
it's a total mess. Which, by the way, Iran will take over as soon as we
leave. What we've done in Iraq is unbelievable.
T: You know, they've been fighting for hundreds of years back and forth (inaudible) equals.
T: Now we've neutered Iraq, so that as soon as we leave Iran will go in and take over that oil which is very interesting.
Well, as, look, when war broke out I said, this could be the greatest
blunder, military blunder in American history, I hope Bush is right and
not wrong because if he's wrong, all that's going to happen is the Shia
dominated Iran is going to dominate Iraq which was run by the Sunnis
under Saddam, who was a balancing power to the Shia power within his own
country and Iran. It was a complete mess, but let's look at
Afghanistan. If you were president, would you pull the boys out of
T: I'd get out as soon as I could. Now you have to
understand, Michael, I'm a very, very hawkish person. I believe in
REALLY strong military, stronger than what we have right now.
T: I believe in all of that.
S: So do I.
What we are over there is policemen. You know we didn't lose a war, if
we pulled out, we won the war. But we're policemen over there. We're not
meant to be policemen.
S: Yes. You know, in my book Trickle up
Poverty, Mr. Trump, I end it by saying, run America like a business, not
an empire. And, I went on the air tonight and I said I finally have
found a businessman who I think could run this country not only like a
business but AS a business, because it IS a business. Every nation
fundamentally is a business. But you can't run a business at a loss, let
us say forever, can you?
T: Well, I'd also say a business with
compassion, because there are certain times where government really can
help people, and that's a great thing. But you know when I look at for
instance, you mentioned Afghanistan, think of this. $52 million was
given to somebody--in a suitcase.
T: To go to Afghanistan.
T: It ended up--we just found this out--it ended up in Dubai.
S: In Dubai, yeah.
T: Now, Dubai is not doing well.
It ended up in Dubai. Now you say to yourself, we give $52 million in
cash, I mean who ever heard of $52 million in cash--I have numerous cash
businesses, but my cash businesses I watch closely. I have--accountants
watching the people. Then I have people watching those people. I want
to know who is the colonel or the general or whoever it is that gives 52
million in green to Afghanistan, and then it ends up somewhere in
Dubai, which is another part of the world. And I say, who are the people
that give this money? Is it a colonel? Is it a corporal that carries it
out? Is it a private, like the Wikileaks private? And then I say of
the money that was given, 52 is an odd number, how much was stolen
before the 52 got there? And who stole it including our own couriers? So
when I look at that 52 million in cash, if you think about what that
is, you say, who authorizes something like that?
S: I don't know, I didn't.
T: No but, can you imagine?
No, I know what you're saying, where did the money come from, who did
it go to? Look, you only have a minute left in this segment, there's a
lot more we have to cover in the months to come. I don't even know if
you're running. Are you really ready to run for the presidency, Mr.
T: Well. I'm a proud American, I love this country. I've
never seen anything like what's happening now. I've never seen OPEC go
so crazy as they are right now. Oil is now $90 a barrel, it should be
$30. I've always been told by a certain very smart friend of mine who's
truly an expert on oil, that whenever we have oil above 30 and 40, this
country HAS to lose money. And I believe that it was OPEC and I believe
it was the oil prices that really caused the almost demise of our
economic nation. It was a horrible thing. It got up to almost $150 a
S: Well, it's a commodity that in essence is acting as a
currency. That's what it comes down to. If we have inflation, the
barrel of oil becomes the equivalent of the deflated dollar in reality
to the Arab. In other words he goes to New York and he wants to buy an
apartment in Trump Plaza that was $10 million, and suddenly it's $15
million. He wants more money for his oil, yes or no?
problem we have with the devalued dollar--and they devalue it on a
daily basis--is you're going to be paying $25 for a loaf of bread, and
you're going to be paying $10 for a Coca Cola. I mean the devalued
dollar, which is no longer a respected currency, as you know-
Is ABSOLUTELY just hurting this country, and it's going to hurt Number
1, level of respect, Number 2, wait til you see and you see it now, you
see the price of copper, you see the price of gold, you see the price of
all these commodities INCLUDING oil going through the roof. And it's a
very, very serious situation for this country. It's very important.
S: But when will we know, when will we know if Donald Trump really wants to really run for the presidency?
Well, I would say I'll make a decision sometime by June. You know we
have Celebrity Apprentice going on very soon. I'm not allowed to run
during that time, because otherwise everyone else has to get 2 hours of
prime time television. Somehow, I don't think that's going to happen.
It terminates, season 11 comes to an end during the month of June, and I
will make a decision sometime then. But, it's a very sad thing. What's
happening to this country is very sad. And I've never seen it where this
country is such a whipping post, and just doesn't tap the respect of
S: Run the country like a business not an empire.
We need a really successful tough-minded man like Donald Trump, in my
opinion. I would definitely back you if you ran, and I haven't backed
anyone, because I see nobody who can beat Obama out there on the
Republican side. That's a terrible thing to say when you consider Obama
is such a terrible president. That the Republicans are going to do it
all over again, Mr. Trump. That's what I say, we really need you out
T: Michael, health care is destroying many, many
companies. I know for a fact. I have friends that are literally closing
up their companies. They're not going to be able to afford health care.
And just one other little thing. You know, we signed recently a treaty
T: How would you like Russia
dictating when and where we can build missiles? I mean do you think this
is great now that Russia's telling us what we can build, when we can
build it, it's sort of amazing.
S: I covered this in a chapter on
what's in the START Treaty, I tried to warn America. Why the president
and those 9 Republican turncoats agreed on the START Treaty without any
discussion really concerns me, because we have now become an
T: That's a real beauty, and part of the beauty is
because they don't want us to have a defense system. So, you're not
allowed to defend yourself, you can't build missiles. Russia telling us
what to do, and they rush out and approve it. It's UN-believable.
Well. we have a lot more to cover, and I know it's not the last time
Donald Trump will be on the Savage Nation, at least I hope not. And
we're giving you an open door to the most important independent nation
in the country, which is the Savage Nation. I sincerely mean it. This is
not for ratings, Mr. Trump, this is to save the country that I love
ever since I've been a Boy Scout in Queens, New York, And I hope you're
the guy who's going to do it, and you're the guy who's going to save
T: Well, thank-you very much, Michael, you have a
great show, and I really do, I can't say a hundred percent, but I agree
with so much of what you say.
S: If you agreed with me a hundred percent, I'd really worry about you.
T: (Laughs). Thank-you, Michael, and we'll be on again.
S: Donald Trump on the Savage Nation. It's 48 minutes after the hour."
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
- ► 2017 (520)
- FACT CHECK: Contrary to Hillary Clinton's faulty m...
- Man electrocuted while trying to steal booby trapp...
- Trump takes 5.6 lead over Hillary in USC Dornsife ...
- Estero, Florida rally for Trump, Sept. 19, 2016
- Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, and Obama all promi...
- TV debate proved election is about getting Trump t...
- Hillary's new plan will grow ISIS, not defeat it, ...
- Turkish immigrant who murdered 5 in Washington Sta...
- 50 Bush administration alums endorse Trump for Pre...
- Communist China hackers take whatever they want fr...
- Brazil had largest African slave population in the...
- Globalist US political class are accessories to mu...
- Trump leads Hillary by 4.1 in USC Dornsife LA Time...
- A current Islamic State military commander was tra...
- 'Arriba Trump!' supporters in Little Havana chant ...
- 9500 rally for Trump in Melbourne, Florida-Sept. 2...
- People waiting to greet Trump after first tv debat...
- Fact Check: "You can’t fact check leadership, and ...
- Fact Check: Majority of Americans think US is on w...
- Trump's opponent wasn't Hillary, it was paid gatek...
- National Immigration And Customs Enforcement (ICE)...
- Ohio Congressman Bill Johnson statement on Donald ...
- Senator David Perdue statement on Donald Trump vic...
- Iowa Governor Terry Branstad Statement on Donald T...
- Hillary Clinton on global stage in presidential de...
- America Last Boehner joins lobbying firm known for...
- With literally trillions at stake, 3 Trilateral Co...
- Trump leads by one in Sept. 22-24, 2016 Morning Co...
- Trump and Hillary statistically tied in Pennsylvan...
- Mark Cuban says: "If I see a black kid in a hoodie...
- Not Hispanic after all, mass murderer at mall in W...
- Trump and Hillary in statistical tie nationwide, 4...
- Trump has 4.1 lead over Hillary nationally in Sept...
- Trump's 'America First' Energy Plan will lift rest...
- In 2008 tv debate, McCain looked tiny next to Obam...
- In the name of US citizens who thought they and th...
- Sweden now has 55 official 'no-go zones' where pol...
- 5000 rally for Trump in Delaware County, Pennsylva...
- Labor union bosses protected Wall St. and globalis...
- Jan. 10, 2011 transcript of Donald Trump interview...
- Trump leads in North Carolina 45-43, PPP North Car...
- Charlotte Police: 70% of rioters arrested came in ...
- Now it turns out 1811 from terror countries 'accid...
- Prince William, no one is afraid of you. Having po...
- Black voter on Obama asking blacks to vote for Hil...
- Hillary Clinton as Sec. of State refused to allow ...
- Trump has 5 point lead over Hillary in Sept. 20-21...
- 5000 rally for Trump in Chester Township, Pennsylv...
- Financial Times unwittingly describes why globalis...
- Two Belgian police 'felt sorry' for 13 migrants wh...
- Kasich undermined Romney's 2012 Ohio campaign by r...
- Farrakhan to Obama: You don't deserve to ask the b...
- The 'Deplorables:' Who we are and what we want. We...
- Left wing Establishment Republicans are self-depor...
- Hungary brands London, Berlin, Stockholm, Brussels...
- Most Egyptians prefer Trump because he wouldn't co...
- Asked how Egyptian people see Hillary Clinton, a y...
- Violence on American streets gleefully anticipated...
- After NY City and NJ Islamic terror bombs, London ...
- The Clintons exploited Haitian people at their mos...
- Trump opposes Obama plan to surrender American int...
- It's time to deport the Rahami family-Daniel Green...
- Republican voters unify behind Trump as he continu...
- Paris, France is now an open air migrant camp, mat...
- Bill Clinton spent past two weeks including Labor ...
- Refugee children should fear coming to the US beca...
- Deplorables, turn up the volume and rejoice: 'Do y...
- Trump rally in Kenansville, North Carolina, Septem...
- Trump rally in High Point, North Carolina, Sept. 2...
- 'Hang on, help is on its way'-Little River Band (M...
- 15 years later, US gov. still has not implemented ...
- In stunning turnaround, Joe Ricketts family endors...
- Before Ahmad gets the Rolling Stone cover we need ...
- Not one refugee until there are zero homeless vets...
- Summary of Donald Trump's meeting with Egypt Presi...
- Not even Trump will do what we need to do which is...
- Obama says 2011 Libya bombing was 'worst mistake o...
- Just "accept the reality" of terror, says Globalis...
- Won't this make Muslim terrorists even more angry ...
- National Fraternal Order of Police prefers Trump's...
- US has exacerbated refugee crisis by lack of atten...
- TPP trade deal 'does nothing for Americans, means ...
- St. Cloud, Minnesota mall attacker who stabbed 8 r...
- Trump reaches new high and 6.7 lead over Hillary i...
- Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008 sent photo of Oba...
- Not all Syrian militias are bound by 'ceasefire.' ...
- It's not about refugee exodus, it's that Syria, Ir...
- Reuters States of the Nation poll projects Elector...
- Trump visits Little Haiti in Miami, most attendee ...
- Believing US propaganda that Free Syrian Army is '...
- Les Deplorables: Hillary said, 'Some of those folk...
- Michigan has already 'resettled' more Syrians than...
- Trump expands lead to 6.4 over Hillary in USC Dorn...
- Trump leads nationally and in four new state polls...
- Unexpectedly, August 2016 retail sales drop, manuf...
- Trump increases lead over Hillary to 8 points in I...
- Trump lead now 5.9 over Hillary in nationwide USC ...
- Trump overtakes Hillary in Nevada among likely vot...
- Trump leads in Florida among likely voters, CNN OR...
- Trump has five point lead in Ohio in CNN ORC poll ...
- ▼ September (168)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)