Media stands with all powerful government against the people:
10/2/13, "Liberal media huddles to re-hype global warming," Daily Caller, M. Bastasch
"The liberal media is scrambling to figure out if they are under-reporting the seriousness of .
Journalists from left-leaning news sites are meeting in Chattanooga,
Tenn., to discuss whether or not they have “blown it” when it comes to
global warming coverage and how they can better portray the seriousness
of the issue.
The Society of Environmental Journalists will be hosting a meeting on Friday that will discuss the coverage surrounding global warming, which will include a panel of journalists from left-leaning news sites.
The panel will include:
Daniel Grossman, contributing editor, National Geographic News Watch;
Katherine Bagley with InsideClimate News; Peter Dykstra with
Environmental Health News and The Daily Climate; Joseph Romm with
ClimateProgress.org and the chief science editor of the Showtime TV
series, “Years of Living Dangerously.”
The description of the panel on global warming and the media reads:
“Have We Blown it? The impacts of global warming have been a concern
since about 1988. How well has the media done in reporting on this
issue? How can it do a better the future?”
“Many critics have accused mainstream media of confusing the public
by reporting this topic as if the small (and often industry-funded)
‘skeptics’ were as credible as researchers representing the scientific
consensus. This phony balance between real scientists and skeptics
appears less common now,” the event’s pamphlet reads. “But many people
is still doing society a disservice, by under-reporting and downplaying
the seriousness of the threats of global warming. We’ll look for
lessons and advice from people who follow this issue closely.”
Global warming became a hot-button political issue again after President
unveiled his plan to curb U.S. greenhouse gas emissions, primarily by
capping carbon dioxide emissions from coal-fired power plants.
However, environmentalists and climate journalists have accused the
media of whitewashing the issue by not properly conveying the
seriousness of the problem and giving global warming “skeptics” air
In April, environmental groups sent a letter to the heads of major
news networks, urging them to stop treating the issue as a “two-sided
debate” by giving skeptics air time.
“By bringing on climate-denying politicians and pundits, and giving
them as much ‘expert’ status as actual climate scientists, the networks
perpetuate the false debate that polluter-funded think tanks have
instigated to cast doubt on whether we should take action to address the
climate crisis at all,” reads a from the League of Conservation Voters aimed at the heads of nightly news programs for ABC, CBS and NBC.
The liberal media watchdog Media Matters claims that media outlets
have been not been reporting enough about global warming. According to a
by the group, those three major news outlets only aired a combined 12
segments on global warming in 2012 — a year that included heat waves,
droughts and Hurricane Sandy.
That could be because the American people aren’t very concerned about
global warming, as the economy repeatedly shows up in polls as their
According to the Pew
Center, only 28 percent of Americans thought stopping global warming
should be the president’s top priority in January, down slightly from 30
percent in 2009. Global warming was at the bottom of a list of 21
priorities for this year.
An August Rasmussen poll found that only 35 percent of likely voters think that global warming is a very serious problem. Furthermore, a March Gallup poll found that 64 percent of Americans don’t see global warming as a serious threat in their lifetime." (H/T) Tom Nelson
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Climate terror journalists meet this week to discuss failure of their CO2 terror sales pitch. No word they'll discuss science that CO2 that matters in the world is located in China, that US leads the world in CO2 reduction, that every sacrifice we make is negated and wasted by China
- ► 2017 (753)
- ► 2016 (1319)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- Smog from China engulfs Korea, Chinese gov. won't ...
- BBC reports global CO2 may be in 'permanent slowdo...
- Japan eases CO2 target though it needs no CO2 targ...
- Solar co. left contaminated, carcinogenic squalor ...
- New $9 billion oil refinery in Vietnam to have 200...
- Britain launches Sharia compliant investment, Came...
- Escalating corruption in science funding in China,...
- Dubai to build $5 billion 'Energy City' in Philipp...
- Greenland votes to allow rare earths mining-Reuter...
- Joel Pollak explains why he can't accede to Obama'...
- Heaviest India cyclone casualties averted as India...
- Veterans ralliers carry barricades from Memorial a...
- NY City cab drivers hit with surprise Oct. 1 tax f...
- New peer reviewed study on West Antarctica publish...
- 2013 UN IPCC report scary looking graph about ocea...
- Canadian environmentalist pleads guilty to setting...
- "About 42 percent of active USHCN weather stations...
- Persons with bad credit can be denied health insur...
- In Upstate New York Hillary Clinton praises US inc...
- Number of African billionaires much higher than pr...
- British solar car race entry crashes during test, ...
- Bangladesh Climate Change Trust with $340million i...
- Record-breaking, early October snowfall in US midw...
- GOP 'Congressmen: Do not confuse why you're fighti...
- Peer reviewed 26 year study on East Antarctic ice ...
- Climate terror journalists meet this week to discu...
- UN IPCC dials back ‘extreme weather’ alarmism. Thi...
- ▼ October (27)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)