4/26/17, "Not Building the Wall IS a Government Shutdown," Ann Coulter
"Fake News' question of the week: Will Trump risk a government shutdown over the wall?
The media flip back and forth on who's to blame for a
government shutdown depending on which branch is controlled by
Republicans. But the "shutdown" hypothetical in this case is a trick
A failure to build the wall IS a government shutdown.
Of course it would be unfortunate if schoolchildren
couldn't visit national parks and welfare checks didn't get mailed on
time. But arranging White House tours isn't the primary function of the
The government's No. 1 job is to protect the nation.
This has always been true, but it's especially
important at this moment in history, when we have drugs, gang members,
diseases and terrorists pouring across our border. The failure of the
government to close our border is the definition of a government
This isn't like other shutdowns. Democrats can't
wail about Republicans cutting Social Security or school lunches. They
are willing to shut the government down because they don't want borders.
Take that to the country!
As commander in chief, Trump doesn't need Congress
to build a wall. The Constitution charges him with defending the nation.
Contrary to what you may have heard from various warmongers on TV and
in Trump's Cabinet, that means defending our borders -- not Ukraine's borders.
Building a wall is not only Trump's constitutional duty, but it's also massively popular.
Although Trump doesn't need congressional approval
for a wall, it was smart for him to demand a vote. Let the Democrats run
for re-election on opposing the wall.
Let Sen. Claire McCaskill explain to the parents of
kids killed by illegals that she thought a wall was inhumane.
Let Sen. Angus King say to the people of Maine that instead of a wall
that would block heroin from pouring into our country, he thought a
better plan was to sponsor a bunch of treatment centers for after your
kid is already addicted.
Let Sen. Chuck Schumer tell us why it's OK for Israel to have a wall, but not us.
Let open borders Republicans like Sen. Marco Rubio
tell African-Americans that it's more important to help illegal aliens
than to help black American teenagers, currently suffering a crippling
Republicans are both corrupt and stupid, so it's
hard to tell which one animates their opposition to the wall. But the
Democrats are bluffing. They're trying to get the GOP to fold before
they show us their pair of threes.
Now that Trump has capitulated on even asking for
funding for a wall, the Democrats are on their knees saying, "Thank you,
God! Thank you, God!"
No politician wants to have to explain a vote
against the wall. What the Democrats want is for Trump to be stuck
explaining why he didn't build the wall.
Then it will be a bloodbath. Not only Trump, but
also the entire GOP, is dead if he doesn't build a wall. Republicans
will be wiped out in the midterms, Democrats will have a 300-seat House
majority, and Trump will have to come up with an excuse for why he's not
running for re-election.
The New York Times and MSNBC are not going to say,
"We are so impressed with his growth in office, we're going to drop all
that nonsense about Russia and endorse the Republican ticket!"
No, at that point, Trump will be the worst of everything.
No one voted for Trump because of the "Access
Hollywood" tape. They voted for him because of his issues; most
prominently, his promise to build "a big beautiful wall." And who's
going to pay for it? MEXICO!
You can't say that at every campaign rally for 18 months and then not build a wall.
Do not imagine that a Trump double-cross on the wall will not destroy the Republican Party. Oh, we'll get them back. No, you won't. Trump wasn't a distraction: He was the last chance to save the GOP.
Millions of Americans who hadn't voted in 30 years
came out in 2016 to vote for Trump. If he betrays them, they'll say,
"You see? I told you. They're all crooks."
No excuses will work. No fiery denunciations of the
courts, the Democrats or La Raza will win them back, even if Trump comes
up with demeaning Twitter names for them.
It would be an epic betrayal -- worse than Bush
betraying voters on "no new taxes." Worse than LBJ escalating the
Vietnam War. There would be nothing like it in the history of politics.
He's the commander in chief! He said he'd build a
wall. If he can't do that, Trump is finished, the Republican Party is
finished, and the country is finished."
Added: Senior Republicans laugh out loud at idea the Wall will ever be built,
say, "Don't worry, it's not going to happen"-Laura Ingraham
4/26/17, "LAURA INGRAHAM: GOP Senior Senators “Laughed Out Loud” At Building Border Wall…”Actively Working Against” Trump," 100percentfedup.com
"Laura Ingraham reported to Sean Hannity that Republican leaders don’t
want the border wall built and are actively working against President
"One thing I know for sure, Sean, is that we have way too many people
on Capitol Hill who are not on the president’s side of this. I’m talking
So I have no doubt in my mind that Donald Trump wants this
wall to be built. Congress has to appropriate the money. I heard over
two months ago that GOP leadership, the most senior senators on Capitol
Hill, and I heard it from someone who was in the room with them, they
were laughing at an idea a wall would ever get built. Out loud laughing.
They were recently telling that source of mine, “Don’t worry, it’s not
going to happen.”" [video at link]...
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Not Building the Wall IS a Government Shutdown. You can't promise to build a wall at every campaign rally for 18 months, then back off at the first chance. Government's No. 1 job is to stop drugs, gang members, diseases, and terrorists from pouring across our border-Ann Coulter
- Since Paris climate agreement isn't a treaty, any ...
- 12,000 rally for Trump in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania...
- Global Warming protested in snowy Denver, Colorado...
- Twenty years after NAFTA, 1994-2014: One million U...
- Environmentally friendly (lead-free) bullets were ...
- President Trump signs executive order to improve a...
- NAFTA tribunal decisions can't be challenged by US...
- George Soros, darling of EU leaders, has ruined li...
- With Ivanka in the White House, the election of he...
- Another blood drenched Neocon is back in the limel...
- What a surprise: Big Fraud Donald Trump sells out ...
- Not Building the Wall IS a Government Shutdown. Yo...
- Senior Republicans laugh out loud at idea that Wal...
- Biggest story of Trump's first 100 days is his sur...
- Sterling Heights, Michigan caller to Rush Limbaugh...
- French ultra insider Emmanuel Macron attended Bild...
- Growing dissatisfaction with House Speaker Paul Ry...
- So-called charities collude with smugglers transfe...
- Trump would beat Hillary again in a rematch-and th...
- Staggering success of climate industry deprives th...
- With trillions at stake, our united Republican and...
- French indifference to their own existence was tau...
- Two more Islamists arrested in Michigan in first F...
- National Science Foundation research riddled with ...
- FISA surveillance state run riot: Microsoft receiv...
- Neocon Trump doubles down, forces US taxpayers int...
- Neocons have Trump on his knees, now won't be sati...
- CrowdStrike execs were no-show at March 20, 2017 H...
- Trump admin. adding to swamp, not draining it: 'Wh...
- Only 98,000 March 2017 US jobs added, 180,000 expe...
- Enemy that worries Trump most is Democrat-Neocon a...
- From Goodfellas: Walking through Copacabana Nightc...
- US reduced smog emissions by 50% but efforts nulli...
- Ohio Democrat voters say national Democrat Party i...
- Media must discredit Susan Rice 'unmasking' news b...
- Tunisian court sentences British DJ to year in jai...
- Egyptian President al-Sisi expresses his optimism ...
- Trump eagerly joins warmonger NY Times on key issu...
- Deep State skates: No charges will be filed agains...
- Angry NY Times says that despite lack of evidence ...
- Almost one in four 2012 Obama white working-class ...
- Catholic diocese in Montana becomes 17th in US to ...
- ▼ April (42)
- ► 2016 (1319)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)