"CA (Climate Audit) reader Gary Wescom writes about more data quality problems with the Berkeley temperature study – see here.
In a surprising number of records, the “seasonally adjusted” station data in the Berekely archive contains wildly incorrect data. Gary shows a number of cases, one of which, Longmont 2ESE, outside the nest of climate scientists
- in Boulder CO, is said to have temperatures
- below minus 50 deg C in the late fall as shown below...."
If this is the BEST, I’d hate to see the worst.
The problem has always been, and will continue to be, that attention to the data is non-sexy. Climate scientists [physicists and others] who use the data want to spend their time making predictions of how we will be roasted in a hundred years time.
- This is high reward, low risk work.
- They will be dead before they are proved wrong,
in the meantime they can make a good career out of being Jeremiahs. Even the ones who are proved wrong, time and again, somehow still seem to keep on sucking on the public teat.
- Witness Paul Ehrlich."
It’s not enough to sneer at Climate Scientists, chaps.
- These BEST people claim to be physicists.
- Clearly there’s something infectious going on."
via Climate Depot