7/19/18, “Poll: Huge GOP majority backs Trump’s Putin performance,” Axios, Mike Allen
Axios SurveyMonkey Russia poll question:
“Do you approve or disapprove of the way Trump handled his [Helsinki] press conference with Putin?”
Republicans including lean-Total approve 80% (43% strongly, 37% somewhat=total 80%)
Independents (no lean)-Total approve 34%
Democrats including lean-Total approve 8%
Total Approve: 40%, total disapprove: 56%
“Data: SurveyMonkey online poll conducted July 16-17, 2018 among a total sample of 2,100 adults living in the United States. Margin of error of ±3 percentage points; Poll methodology; Chart: Lazaro Gamio/Axios”
Added from Axios poll on Trump Helsinki performance:
Republican-Conservatives: Total approve: 83% (48% strongly, 35% somewhat)
Republican-Moderate/Liberal: Total approve: 69% (28% strongly, 41% somewhat)
Added: Washington Examiner article on above Axios poll with 80% Republican approved of Trump performance at Helsinki press conference with Putin. In addition, “in this Axios poll conducted July 16-17 and released Thursday, 91 percent of Republicans said they approved of Trump’s presidency so far.”
“Axios Survey Monkey Russia Poll,” M-T, July 16 and 17, 2018
July 19, 2018, “Republicans overwhelmingly back Trump’s performance at Putin summit: Poll,” Washington Examiner, Katelyn Caralle
“The vast majority of Republicans support the way President Trump handled his first summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Monday, according to a new Axios poll.
The poll said 80 percent of Republicans approved of Trump’s performance, while only 8 percent of Democrats feel the same way….
In this Axios poll conducted July 16-17 and released Thursday, 91 percent of Republicans said they approved of Trump’s presidency so far, and 64 percent of Democrats say they disapprove of Trump….
The partisan split could be seen in other things the poll measured. For example, 85 percent of Republicans think the investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 elections is “more of a distraction,” while on the other side, 85 percent of Democrats feel that the possibility of coordination between the two entities is a “serious issue.””…
Added: Following was Mike Allen’s commentary on his Axios poll results. I wasn’t going to post it, but, for the record, in Mike’s world, the poll results “foreshadow national drama.” To me, these are just some poll results:
“Be smart: This poll foreshadows the coming national drama. Every piece of data, and virtually every public action of elected Republican officials, shows Trump will have overwhelming and probably unbreakable party support, regardless of what Robert Mueller finds with his Russia probe.”
Also, in two instances, poll numbers Mike includes in his narrative and graph (below) are slightly different (to his advantage) than those on the Axios poll to which he linked. The poll says 80% Republican support (43 +37), whereas Mike and his graph say 79%. On “Total disapprove,” the poll says 56%, Mike says 58%: