7/6/2016, "Comey says FBI did not 'give a hoot about politics' in Clinton email investigation," LA Times, Del Quentin Wilber...The reason for Strzok's removal from Mueller's team on 8/16/17 was kept secret for 4 months.
12/13/17, "The FBI’s Trump ‘Insurance’," Wall St. Journal Editorial Board (Thurs., Dec. 14 print ed.)
"More troubling evidence of election meddling at the bureau."
"Democrats and the media are accusing anyone who criticizes special
as Trumpian conspirators trying to undermine his probe. But who
needs critics when Mr. Mueller’s team is doing so much to undermine its
Wednesday’s revelations—they’re coming almost
daily—include the Justice Department’s release of 2016 text messages to
the FBI counterintelligence agent whom Mr. Mueller demoted this
summer [after an IG report]. The texts, which he exchanged with senior FBI lawyer
contain expletive-laced tirades against Mr. Trump. Such Trump
hatred is no surprise and not by itself disqualifying. More troubling
are texts that suggest that some FBI officials may have gone beyond
antipathy to anti-Trump plotting.
“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in
office—that there’s no way [Trump] gets elected—but I’m afraid we
can’t take that risk,” Mr. Strzok wrote Ms. Page in an Aug. 15, 2016
text. He added: “It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you
die before you’re 40.”
What “policy” would that be? The “Andy”
in question is
the deputy FBI director. FBI officials are allowed to have
political opinions, but what kind of action were they discussing that
would amount to anti-Trump “insurance”?
In another exchange that month, Ms. Page forwarded a Trump-related
article and wrote: “Maybe you’re meant to stay where you are because
you’re meant to protect the country from that menace.” He thanked her
and assured: “Of course I’ll try and approach it that way.” Mr. Strzok,
recall, is the man who changed the words “grossly negligent” to
“extremely careless” in
July 2016 public exoneration of
McCabe meeting came on the heels of the FBI’s launch of its
counterintelligence probe into Trump-Russia ties. July  is also when
former British spook
briefed the FBI on his [Mrs.] Clinton-financed dossier of salacious
allegations against Mr. Trump. The texts explain why Mr. Mueller would
remove Mr. Strzok, though a straight shooter wouldn’t typically resist
turning those messages over to Congress for as long as Mr. Mueller did.
Meanwhile, we’re learning more about the political motives of Mr. Mueller’s lieutenant,
Judicial Watch last week released an email in which Mr. Weissmann expressed his “awe” and praise for
after the then acting AG and
holdover refused to implement Mr. Trump’s travel ban.
should trouble anyone who cares about the integrity of the Justice
Department. Ms. Yates had every right to resign at the time if she felt
she couldn’t implement Mr. Trump’s order. But she had no authority as an
executive branch official to defy a legitimate presidential order. Mr. Weissmann's support for her insubordination was a declaration that he is
part of the “resistance.” This should be unacceptable in a ranking FBI
official, much less someone charged with conducting a fair-minded
Public confidence isn’t helped by the continuing
Justice and FBI refusal to cooperate with Congress. Deputy Attorney
who supervises Mr. Mueller, toed the Mueller-FBI line on
Wednesday before the House Oversight Committee. He repeated FBI Director
preposterous excuse that he can’t answer questions because of an
Inspector General probe. And he wouldn't elaborate on the news that Nellie Ohr,
the wife of senior Justice official
worked for Fusion GPS, which hired Mr. Steele to gin up his
The man who should be most disturbed by all this is Mr.
Mueller, who wants his evidence and conclusions to be credible with the
public. Evidence is building instead that some officials at the FBI—who
have worked for him—may have interfered in an American presidential
election. Congress needs to insist on its rights as a co-equal branch of
government to discover the truth."
"Appeared in the December 14, 2017, print edition."
Added: "Ironically, Democrats pushed for the investigation."
12/13/17, "New Details Emerge About Discovery of FBI agents' Anti-Trump texts," Daily Caller, Chuck Ross
"The Justice Department’s office of the inspector general revealed new
details Wednesday about how it discovered the anti-Trump text messages
that led to FBI agent Peter Strzok’s removal from Special Counsel Robert
Mueller’s Russia investigation.
Michael Horowitz, the Justice Department watchdog, said that his
office obtained the text messages from the FBI on July 20. A week later,
he met with Mueller and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to
inform them of the politically-charged texts....
Strzok’s departure from Mueller’s team was reported by ABC News on
Aug. 16 (2017). The network reported that Strzok had been placed in a job in
the FBI’s HR department.
The reason for Strzok’s demotion remained a secret for nearly four
months as the Justice Department and Mueller’s office declined media and
congressional requests for an explanation. The levy finally broke on
Dec. 2, when The Washington Post and New York Times simultaneously
reported the existence of the text messages....
The Strzok texts, which he exchanged with Lisa Page, his mistress and
an FBI lawyer, were discovered as part of the inspector general’s
investigation into the FBI’s handling of the Clinton email
Ironically, Democrats pushed for the investigation. Many Clinton
supporters blamed then-FBI Director James Comey’s actions during that
investigation for Clinton’s election loss.
“This is highly encouraging and to be expected given Director Comey’s
drastic deviation from Justice Department protocol,” Clinton campaign
communications director Brian Fallon said back in January.
“A probe of this sort, however long it takes to conduct, is utterly
necessary in order to take the first step to restore the FBI’s
reputation as a non-partisan institution."
Comment: Trump has added to the swamp.
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
- ► 2018 (713)
- In 2009 Iranian freedom fighters sent White House ...
- CNN unable to cover Iran Protests due to giant box...
- NY Times bets it all on admitted liar Papadopoulos...
- Obama representatives met with high level governme...
- In Dec. 2009 Iran police murdered peaceful citizen...
- Huma Abedin cousin Omar Amanat jailed for fraud pa...
- FBI negligence allowed 911 to happen, Islamic terr...
- They don’t really hate Donald Trump. They hate who...
- Mexico's proximity to the US gave it advantages un...
- The term "global markets" is a euphemistic sound b...
- Collusion between media and government is common i...
- 'The presidency is not a popularity contest. Wheth...
- Star over Bethlehem
- 'I Believe in Father Christmas,' Emerson, Lake, an...
- UK Foreign Sec. Boris Johnson visits Russia as bot...
- US Border Patrol fails to vet convicted heroin smu...
- Two websites for US Inspector General investigatio...
- Wrong man was installed in Ukraine by Obama, neoco...
- Google is effectively Karl Marx. 90% of US online ...
- After FBI was subject of several critical Inspecto...
- The only people improperly colluding with foreigne...
- Written on Muslim NY City subway bomber's passport...
- FBI's Strzok and Page also slammed Bernie Sanders ...
- 'These people don’t understand they are underminin...
- Evidence builds that FBI officials some of whom ha...
- More than 80 guests were present or called in to W...
- 1974 CIA Climate Assessment: Global cooling danger...
- The Republican Party prefers Democrats to be in ch...
- Former CIA official Mike Morell didn't think Russi...
- Former CIA official Michael Morell says he believe...
- Cooking fire at homeless camp-not global warming-s...
- Deep State Senator Ted Kennedy waited over 9 hours...
- Is Nikki Haley "incredibly proud" that she was acc...
- Latest 'bombshell' Fake News from CNN, MSNBC, CBS ...
- Being Global Media Celebrity Dave Weigel: 8 exampl...
- Look, Gloria, all we asked for was the standard, w...
- FDR formed partnership with Stalin and Churchill t...
- Obama administration cheered Islamic terrorists, p...
- Facebook spanks Breitbart article by John Nolte, p...
- Biggest common denominator among the 6.7 to 9.2 mi...
- 10,000 text messages reveal passions shared by Mue...
- NY Times sues Weinstein Company for $229,568 it fa...
- Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital by Pr...
- Mueller should step down, has demonstrated conflic...
- Russia-gate hysteria is now an excuse for stifling...
- After Fake News infraction, ABC's Brian Ross is no...
- Days before Nov. 2016 election, Comey friend and f...
- Contrary to assurances, US spy agencies have no ov...
- Obama Justice holdovers, former Flynn colleagues f...
- Vietnamese immigrant to US thanks his hosts by get...
- With Ukraine President Poroshenko Senators McCain ...
- ▼ December (51)
- ► 2016 (1319)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)