"This 5-point swing is exactly how much worse the Republicans fared this time compared to 2016....Gillespie was a D.C. lobbyist and party chairman; he couldn’t battle “the swamp” — he was “the swamp.”"......................
11/12/17, "In Virginia, Republican Party more to blame than Trump," The Hill, by Mark Penn, opinion contributor
"It was neither the
sweeping repudiation of Trump that some Democrats would like to believe
nor the ushering in of the age of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren.
measured takeaway in Virginia for the Democrats is that moderate
candidates, especially after they have done a good job in a state, can
beat establishment Republicans today, perhaps even handily. Democrat
Ralph Northam defeated the liberal he faced in the Virginia primary who
had the backing of the left; he is an Army veteran, and backed away from
such signature liberal-left policies as sanctuary cities. He represents
the power that Democrats could unlock with moderate candidates in the
easy storyline is to blame Donald Trump for the loss — but only 34
percent of the voters labeled that a major factor in their voting.
Trump’s approval rating in the exit polling was 40 percent in a state he
lost by 5 points; that strongly suggests his actual national approval
rating is about 42 to 45 percent, rather than in the 30s, as many
national polls have been proclaiming. That’s still short of a majority
but well above George Bush, who was often in the low 20s, and close to
ratings that Barack Obama had much of the time.
more likely suspect here is the Republican Party and the fratricide
going on within. Asked about the Virginia Democratic Party, voters gave
it a surprisingly positive 51/46, while the Republican Party was
intensely disliked, garnering a 37 favorable/59 unfavorable rating. The
Republican Party, therefore, is significantly lower than Donald Trump
in its ratings— it was 3 points further down in favorable ratings and 2
points higher in unfavorable ratings.
This 5-point swing is exactly how
much worse the Republicans fared this time compared to 2016.
in mind, this is not a very liberal electorate. Voting groups who cared
about guns or immigration favored the Trump policies; 57 percent said
hands-off those Confederate statues. And, judging by the turn-about
Northam did on sanctuary cities, it’s unlikely there is much support for
sanctuary cities in Virginia — and we know nationally it is a big loser
Overall, Gillespie was a D.C. lobbyist and
party chairman; he couldn’t battle “the swamp” — he was “the swamp.”
wasn’t Trump who lost those moderate men, but Gillespie, who was neither
fish nor fowl to them; he wasn’t going to do a better job on the core
issues than Northam, and the last-minute Hail Marys on the social issues
probably just created more confusion about who he was.
want these elections to be about simple storylines and, yet, real events
are more complex. This election was one-part moderate Democratic
candidate, one-part anti-Trump reaction, especially among young women,
one-part successful state Democratic administration that people wanted
to continue, and one part “swamp” establishment lobbyist from a
disrespected Republican Party.
Together, the mix was good for the Democrats, toxic for the Republicans."
"Mark Penn is co-director of the Harvard CAPS-Harris Poll and was a pollster for Bill Clinton during six years of his presidency."
11/8/2013, "Sabotage Republicans," Jeffrey Lord, American Spectator
"The Republican Party has two serious problems on its hands.
first is with those like Eric Cantor’s ex-chief of staff who are
invited into leadership positions in the party — when they in fact are
not conservatives at all and quietly or openly seek to sabotage the
The second is with those Establishment Republicans who do
manage to win — and then see their job as merely managing the leftist
status quo....That is the Republican Party’s real problem. And it’s a big one." (end of article)
Comment: Just as Ed Gillespie couldn't battle the swamp, Romney as the author of ObamaCare's model couldn't seriously battle ObamaCare.
Swamp GOP desperately wanted to keep ObamaCare. Democrats knew this and the two parties just let enough years go by for it to cease being an issue. Swamp
GOP said Romney absolutely HAD TO be the 2012 candidate--which, knowing
he'd lose, guaranteed a few more years for O'Care to settle in. It was Republican voters who didn't want it. GOP E has no interest in what voters want, they know GOP voters have nowhere else to go. Swamp slime like Ed Gillespie and Romney merely guarantee Democrat wins. Under no circumstances are the rubes allowed to have a real
candidate. If the US had two separate and distinct political parties, the country wouldn't have most of the problems it has today. With only one political party, you have a dictatorship. The people are completely unprotected.
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
Monday, November 13, 2017
Trump has 5% higher approval among Virginia voters than Republican Party. 5 point negative swing in Virginia Gov. election was due to dislike of GOP Establishment, not Trump-The Hill, Mark Penn...(Deep State GOP run weak candidates like Ed Gillespie and Romney because they prefer Democrat wins)
- NY Times freely admits its enforcement of Soviet s...
- So-called 'far-right' video of Islamist in act of ...
- Populism isn't the Problem: The Problem Is The Sta...
- We finally found something congress and its media ...
- FBI offered to assist Hillary campaign with comput...
- Under Trump US taxpayers are still slaves of Georg...
- China teachers continue to inject toddlers with my...
- It fell on Alabama and Roy Moore to be the focus o...
- George W. Bush jokes about never finding Iraq WMDs...
- NY Times treats as fact uncorroborated assertion t...
- It's time to abolish the FBI and turn its function...
- To Rep. Jim Jordan: Yes, FBI DID pay Golden Shower...
- John McCain solicited illegal contribution from Ru...
- Radical Obama America Last Ideologue is top US off...
- Trump has 5% higher approval among Virginia voters...
- Lack of Republican brand allows Republican winners...
- Boston record low temperature of 23 degrees on Nov...
- For Prince Charles, climate isn't about "the child...
- Robert Mueller turns out to be another mumbling bu...
- Leading into "climate summits" the US political cl...
- George W. Bush destroyed the conservative coalitio...
- If Republicans can't make gains among white Northe...
- Per UN IPCC: From 1950-2011, US temperatures coole...
- I've Had It, by the Bell Notes, 1959: 'When I saw ...
- Biggest common denominator among Obama to Trump vo...
- Vin Weber dazzled after 6 months in the Beltway: "...
- 'Treason' fans suddenly silent on Awan brothers, i...
- Lobbyists lined walls two and three deep at hearin...
- Democrats, the party of Wall St and military inter...
- Kurds hung out to dry by Trump. Iran-backed forces...
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2016 (1319)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)