"In his last year, according to a Council on Foreign Relations study, Obama, the “reluctant liberal warrior,” dropped 26,171 bombs – three bombs every hour, 24 hours a day....The Nobel Peace Laureate built more nuclear warheads than any president since the Cold War. Trump is a wimp by comparison. It was Obama – with his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at his side – who destroyed Libya as a modern state and launched the human stampede to Europe." Trump, Nov. 2016: 62,984,825 voters and 306 electors. Lyrics to "Over There," US World War I song: "Send the word, send the word over there, That the Yanks are coming The Yanks are coming, And we won't come back til it's over Over there."
8/4/17, "How the World May End," John Pilger, Consortium News
"Republicans and Democrats – along with a complicit mainstream media –
are plunging ahead toward war with Russia, a mad groupthink that could
end life on the planet, observes John Pilger."...
"I read On the Beach for the first time the other day,
finishing it as the U.S. Congress passed a law to wage economic war on
Russia, the world’s second most lethal nuclear power. There was no
justification for this insane vote, except the promise of plunder.
Aiming Toward a Hot War
The “sanctions” are aimed at Europe, too, mainly Germany, which
depends on Russian natural gas and on European companies that do
legitimate business with Russia. In what passed for debate on Capitol
Hill, the more garrulous senators left no doubt that the embargo was
designed to force Europe to import expensive American gas.
Their main aim seems to be war – real war. No provocation as extreme
can suggest anything else. They seem to crave it, even though Americans
have little idea what war is. The Civil War of 1861-65 was the last on
their mainland. War is what the United States does to others.
The only nation to have used nuclear weapons against human beings,
they have since destroyed scores of governments, many of them
democracies, and laid to waste whole societies – the million deaths in
Iraq were a fraction of the carnage in Indochina, which President Reagan
called “a noble cause” and President Obama revised as the tragedy of an
“exceptional people.” He was not referring to the Vietnamese.
Filming last year at the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, I overheard a
National Parks Service guide lecturing a school party of young
teenagers. “Listen up,” he said. “We lost 58,000 young soldiers in
Vietnam, and they died defending your freedom.”
At a stroke, the truth was inverted. No freedom was defended. Freedom
was destroyed. A peasant country was invaded and millions of its people
were killed, maimed, dispossessed, poisoned; 60,000 of the invaders
took their own lives. Listen up, indeed.
A lobotomy is performed on each generation. Facts are removed. History is excised and replaced by what Time
magazine calls “an eternal present.” Harold Pinter described this as
“manipulation of power worldwide, while masquerading as a force for
universal good, a brilliant, even witty, highly successful act of
hypnosis [which meant] that it never happened. Nothing ever happened.
Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It
was of no interest.”
Those who call themselves liberals or tendentiously “the left” are
eager participants in this manipulation, and its brainwashing, which
today revert to one name: Trump
Trump is mad, a fascist, a dupe of Russia. He is also a gift for
“liberal brains pickled in the formaldehyde of identity politics,” wrote
Luciana Bohne memorably. The obsession with Trump the man – not Trump
as a symptom and caricature of an enduring system – beckons great danger
for all of us.
A Narcissistic Media
While they pursue their fossilized anti-Russia agendas, narcissistic media such as the Washington Post, the BBC and the Guardian
suppress the essence of the most important political story of our time
as they warmonger on a scale I cannot remember in my lifetime.
On 3 Aug., in contrast to the acreage the Guardian has given
to drivel that the Russians conspired with Trump (reminiscent of the
far-right smearing of John Kennedy as a “Soviet agent”), the paper
buried, on page 16, news that the President of the United States was
forced to sign a Congressional bill declaring economic war on Russia
Unlike every other Trump signing, this was conducted in virtual
secrecy and attached with a caveat from Trump himself that it was
A coup against the man in the White House is under way. This is not
because he is an odious human being, but because he has consistently
made clear he does not want war with Russia. [And nearly 63 million voters agreed with him].
This glimpse of sanity, or simple pragmatism, is anathema to the
“national security” managers who guard a system based on war,
surveillance, armaments, threats and extreme capitalism. Martin Luther
King called them “the greatest purveyors of violence in the world
They have encircled Russia and China with missiles and a nuclear
arsenal. They have used neo-Nazis to install an unstable, aggressive
regime on Russia’s “borderland” [Ukraine?] – the way through which Hitler invaded,
causing the deaths of 27 million people. Their goal is to dismember the
modern Russian Federation.
In response, “partnership” is a word used incessantly by Vladimir
Putin – anything, it seems, that might halt an evangelical drive to war
in the United States. Incredulity in Russia may have now turned to fear
and perhaps a certain resolution. The Russians almost certainly have
war-gamed nuclear counter strikes. Air-raid drills are not uncommon.
Their history tells them to get ready.
The threat is simultaneous. Russia is first, China is next. The U.S.
has just completed a huge military exercise with Australia known as
Talisman Sabre. They rehearsed a blockade of the Malacca Straits and the
South China Sea, through which pass China’s economic lifelines.
The admiral commanding the U.S. Pacific fleet said that, “if
required,” he would nuke China. That he would say such a thing publicly
in the current perfidious atmosphere begins to make fact of Nevil
Silencing Dissenting Journalists
None of this is considered news. No connection is made as the
bloodfest of Passchendaele a century ago is remembered. Honest reporting
is no longer welcome in much of the media. Windbags, known as pundits,
dominate: editors are infotainment or party-line managers. Where there
was once sub-editing, there is the liberation of axe-grinding clichés.
Those journalists who do not comply are defenestrated.
The urgency has plenty of precedents. In my film, The Coming War on China,
John Bordne, a member of a U.S. Air Force missile combat crew based in
Okinawa, Japan, describes how in 1962 – during the Cuban missile crisis –
he and his colleagues were “told to launch all the missiles” from their
Nuclear armed, the missiles were aimed at both China and Russia. A
junior officer questioned this, and the order was eventually rescinded –
but only after they were issued with service revolvers and ordered to
shoot at others in a missile crew if they did not “stand down.”
At the height of the Cold War, the anti-communist hysteria in the
United States was such that U.S. officials who were on official business
in China were accused of treason and sacked. In 1957 – the year Shute
wrote On the Beach – no official in the State Department could
speak the language of the world’s most populous nation. Mandarin
speakers were purged under strictures now echoed in the Congressional
bill that has just passed, aimed at Russia.
The bill was bipartisan. There is no fundamental difference between
Democrats and Republicans. The terms “left” and “right” are meaningless. Most of America’s modern wars were started not by conservatives, but
by liberal Democrats.
When Obama left office, he presided over a record seven wars,
including America’s longest war and an unprecedented campaign of
extrajudicial killings – murder – by drones.
In his last year, according to a Council on Foreign Relations study,
Obama, the “reluctant liberal warrior,” dropped 26,171 bombs – three
bombs every hour, 24 hours a day. Having pledged to help “rid the world”
of nuclear weapons, the Nobel Peace Laureate built more nuclear
warheads than any president since the Cold War.
Trump is a wimp by comparison. It was Obama – with his Secretary of
State Hillary Clinton at his side – who destroyed Libya as a modern
state and launched the human stampede to Europe. At home, immigration
groups knew him as the “deporter-in-chief.”
One of Obama’s last acts as president was to sign a bill that handed a
record $618 billion to the Pentagon, reflecting the soaring ascendancy
of fascist militarism in the governance of the United States. Trump has
Buried in the detail was the establishment of a “Center for
Information Analysis and Response.” This is a ministry of truth. It is
tasked with providing an “official narrative of facts” that will prepare
us for the real possibility of nuclear war – if we allow it."
"John Pilger is an Australian-British journalist based in London. Pilger’s Web site is: www.johnpilger.com. His new film, “The Coming War on China,” is available in the U.S. from www.bullfrogfilms.com"
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
Sunday, August 6, 2017
That the entire US Congress seems to crave war exposes the terms Democrat, Republican, left, and right, as meaningless. Obsession with Trump the man is a great danger for everyone. The coup against him is because he doesn't want war with Russia and 63 million voters and 306 electors agree with him-John Pilger, Consortium News...('The Yanks are coming, the Yanks are coming, and we won't come back...')
- Washington Post attacks The Nation for being intel...
- The Swamp confers immunity to Antifa and Black Liv...
- CBS News asks 3 Trump voters in Georgia: 'Has your...
- Slavery is bustling in Libya in 2017 thanks to US ...
- Republicans are about 30 years late in worrying ab...
- Missouri Democrat State Senator's hope that Trump ...
- We have no way of knowing if the speakers at Charl...
- When Palm Beach social clubs barred African Americ...
- Proving unfit to be Virginia Governor, Terry McAul...
- After decades of violent protesting and rioting, t...
- Media has ignored important information published ...
- In Jan. 2017 Charlottesville was declared the capi...
- 'I observed Trump supporters being spit on, object...
- Adam Carter addresses NY Magazine hit piece on The...
- Otherwise sensible people refuse to accept the mea...
- After designated enemy USSR went out of business i...
- Swamp dweller Dina Habib Powell, longtime top GOP ...
- Swamp doing fine: Trump DOJ and IRS identical to O...
- No hack of DNC on 7/5/16 by Russia or anyone else ...
- Per UN IPCC, US temperatures cooled from 1950-2011...
- Sharing the Jersey Shore with Republicans is one t...
- Wasserman Schultz says she defended Awan to the en...
- Desperately seeking climate action? Call George HW...
- We are ruled, not governed. Globalists provide us ...
- Electric car industry benefits from child slaves. ...
- BBC investigation finds poorly or unreported clima...
- Other countries see US in Civil War. Congress take...
- Former peaceniks are now murderous neocons. Russia...
- That the entire US Congress seems to crave war exp...
- In 2009 no Republican Senators objected to billion...
- Stop the hate: Stu Rothenberg is UNFIT to be a sel...
- Trump knowingly hired top personnel who strongly d...
- Washington DC Republican party is no longer a poli...
- Afghanistan: Every month for more than a decade (2...
- If McMaster isn't fired after all he's done, it wi...
- Monument to US immigration is Ellis Island--not St...
- At Trump rally, West Virginia Governor Jim Justice...
- Hoping to force US taxpayers into war with Russia,...
- Trump is doing what we voted against. Trump won be...
- Trump admin. finally allowing customs officials to...
- Jeff Flake is neither a conservative nor does he h...
- US gave 10,000 fast track to US citizenship in exc...
- North Africa is so poorly governed that migrants a...
- 'Ordinary citizen' McCain dispatched fellow neocon...
- Newsweek: 'Trump Considers Total Troop Withdrawal ...
- Senior writer at so-called "right wing" Daily Call...
- Deep State expertly exploited Trump's deal making ...
- ▼ August (47)
- ► 2016 (1320)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)