Above chart, "Historical Ice Cover" page top left.
- National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) (GLERL contributes data to NSIDC. The following links point to GLERL data on the NSIDC web site.)
- Aerial Photos of Great Lakes Ice Conditions (1963-1973)
- Air Temperature - Degree Day Climatology (1897-1983)
- Ice Concentration Database (1960-1979)
- Data on Radiation Transfer Through Freshwater Ice
- Ice Thickness Database (1966-1979)
- Daily Ice Observations at Water Level Gauge Sites (1955-1997)
- NOAA / NWS / NIC Weekly Ice Charts (1973-2002)
- U.S. Coast Guard Surface Ice Reports (1961-2004)
- NOAA/GLERL Great Lakes Ice Concentration Data Base (1960 -1979)"
"Current Ice Cover Conditions," Great Lakes Environmental Research Lab, NOAA.gov
76.6% as of 2/16/15. 81.4% coverage 2/16/14
"GLSEA (The Great Lakes Surface Environmental Analysis) is a digital map of the Great Lakes surface water temperature and ice cover which is produced daily at GLERL.The lake surface temperatures are derived from NOAA polar-orbiting satellite imagery. The addition of ice cover information was implemented in early 1999, using data provided by the National Ice Center (NIC). Lake surface temperatures are updated daily with information from the cloud-free portions of the previous day's satellite imagery. If no imagery is available, a smoothing algorithm is applied to the previous day's map....
- Basin summary (current ice cover conditions)
- Compare this year's current ice cover to last year's
- Great Lakes Ice Concentration stats & graphs (2008 - present)
- Recent Great Lakes satellite images
Environment Canada Daily Great Lakes Ice Charts
National Ice Center data"
More Great Lakes Ice charts: "Great Lakes Ice Page," Watts Up With That