10/17/17, "McCain Spells Out the Swamp’s View of the World," Rush Limbaugh
"RUSH: John McCain has had it in for Donald Trump I don’t know for how
long. I think McCain’s had it in for Trump even before Trump ran for
He delighted in thumbs down his vote killing the
latest attempt to reform Obamacare in the Senate. And now he made a
speech. He made a speech, he just blasted nationalism and by extension
he blasted Trump, and he’s blasting everything about Trump that people
like and support. It was in Philadelphia at the National Constitution
Center. McCain was awarded the liberty medal. And here’s a portion of
what he said.
MCCAIN: To fear the world we have organized and led for
three-quarters of a century — to abandon the ideals we have advanced
around the globe, to refuse the obligations of international leadership
and our duty to remain the last, best hope of earth — for the sake of
some half-baked, spurious nationalism cooked up by people who would
rather find scapegoats than solve problems —
MCCAIN: — is as unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma
of the past that Americans consigned to the ash heap of history.
RUSH: Okay. Now, let’s parse this, because there are a lot of people —
and you heard the applause — a lot of people who agree with McCain on
this. “To fear the world we have organized…”
This is fascinating to me.
McCain clearly is a member of the establishment. He’s a proud member of
the establishment. He’s probably on the committee that determines who
gets in and who gets thrown out.
He is demonstrating here a perfect illustration for anybody wondering
what the establishment is and what they think. McCain has spelled it
out for you. “To fear the world we have organized…”
Now, this stems from
the belief that America is great, that America’s the good guys, that
America is the solution to the world’s problems, that America is the
last best hope of earth.
And “that we have organized” means we, as the beacon of freedom. We,
as the nation which fights for it and which defends it and seeks it for
anybody who wants it. We have fought our own wars. We have helped other
nations in wars where their freedom was at stake. We have rebuilt
Europe, the Marshall Plan. All of these things constitute what McCain
means when he says “the world we have organized.” This is a profound
belief in the power of the United States.
And then he adds, “The world we have organized and led for
three-quarters of a century.” Believe me, he’s talking about the period
of time basically post-depression, World War I, all wait to the end of
the twentieth century. “To refuse the obligations of international
leadership,” meaning we have shaped the world. We have organized it. We
have determined the good and the bad. We lead the fight against bad and
evil. We define the good.
But now Trump and his nationalism want to refuse the obligations to
continue the leadership role that we gave ourselves in the past 75
years. And to refuse these obligations of international leadership and
to refuse our duty (as a result of this leadership) to remain the last,
best hope of earth, for the sake of some stupid nationalism like getting
rid of NAFTA and putting America first, making America great again?
That’s junk stuff to McCain!
There is no making America great. America already is great. What do
you mean?...We organized the world. The world is ours, and it bends to our
will, and why do we want to abrogate? That’s what McCain thinks, and
that’s what the establishment thinks. And then he goes on to say this is
“unpatriotic as an attachment to any other tired dogma of the past that
What’s wrong with all this? Theoretically, it’s right on the money.
But what’s wrong with it all? I mean, the answers kind of leap out at
you, don’t they? It’s not any great mystery. The world we have
organized? Well, maybe we did, but it’s falling apart, and we haven’t
been leading the world in I don’t know what area for however long. We
have been led by people who want to diminish the role of the United
States in the world, Senator McCain.
This is the problem. What you’re missing, sir, about this nationalism
that you despise is its real intention is to once again assert this
leadership of the world, to assert this guiding light and beacon of
freedom. Because for way too many recent years people in your club have
been buying into the notion that whatever the United States has been
doing the last 75 years has been hurting people. The United States is
The United States is blamed for climate change. What is that?
Destroying the planet, no less! United States is blamed for this, it’s
blamed for that. We have to sit here and listen to how socialist and
communists worlds and nations are much preferable to ours. What world do
we lead? The United Nations exists to fleece the United States, to
blame the United States. Barack Obama openly admitted that his purpose
was to transform the United States, which means cut it down to size.
It was Barack Obama who started this process of taking America out of
the leadership role, and you couldn’t say enough good things about him,
Senator McCain. It was Barack Obama and his two terms — and everybody
he hired to work with him — who set about to make Iran a nuclear power.
How in the world would a United States-led world permit that to happen,
for the good of humanity? Senator McCain, with all due respect, you’ve
got this totally backwards.
Your club or members in your club were actively presiding over the
decline of the United States as a leader in the world, as a beacon of
Your definition of open and leading the world is to open our borders
and let the disadvantaged race in! Sorry. That’s not what leadership of
the world means. But too many people think leadership of the world meant
we need to act on our guilt. We have guilt that we are so wealthier, so
richer, so more advanced than most nations on earth, it isn’t fair, and
so we must let the downtrodden in because we’ve made them downtrodden.
That’s what your club has started turning this country into, and that’s why people are standing up against it....
Certainly, in the last 20 years, this is not at all at all what the
United States’ role in the world has been, and especially the last eight
years, the United States, the purpose was to cut us down to size and
make us pay our price....
The United States needs to be reconstituted and rebuilt. We just had
too many years of too many people believing that the United States is
the problem in the world, that the United States has guilt or should
have guilt over the great disparities in the world between ourselves and
other nations: economics, wealth, these kinds of things. You look at
most of the world’s problems and you’ll find the popular thing to do is
blame the United States for it.
Climate change is the first thing on the list. We, our advanced
lifestyle, just happens to be doing what? Destroying the planet. That is
a serious, serious charge, destroying the planet, and they got all
kinds of young people believing it. What’s the fix? The United States
must downsize, the United States must admit its guilt, the United States
must agree with whatever the United Nations claims and alleges and
accuses us of doing.
And we must understand that they’re right and we must admit that
they’ve got a grievance and we must do what we can to apologize for the
way we have structured the world and the way we have led the world,
because we have imposed freedom in too many places. We have imposed and
stood up for liberty in too many places, where liberty and freedom are
not the choice of tyrants and dictators and other oppressors who lead
most other nations on earth....
Senator McCain, the United States is not the last, best hope of earth
when, for example, we are forced to open our borders and let
specifically the downtrodden into our country without any limit and
without any concern. All of that is based on guilt, that somehow we have
made them downtrodden, that we have enforced their poverty, that we are
the reason they can’t get ahead in life because we have shaped the
world in this ill-gotten way.
And so we owe it to the people we have deprived to come to our
country and get what’s theirs because we have made sure that they can’t
get it. This is what’s guiding immigration policy. Well, that and voter
registration, of course. But the last, best hope of the world was being
destroyed, was being chipped away. It was being torn down to size where
it couldn’t lead anything because Barack Obama was doing everything he
could to cement the idea that the problems in the world originated with
the United States from the days of our founding.
And all that’s happening today, Senator McCain, is an attempt to
bring this country back to these ideals you spoke so lovingly about,
what we all want. We all believe the United States is a force or good.
We all believe the United States is the beacon of hope and liberty for
people in the world. We all believe the United States is the last, best
hope. But it was being torn apart, it was being torn down, it was being
blamed. And it had help from people inside our own country. And finally
enough people have said, “Stop, we’re not the problem in the world. We
are the solution.”
And that’s all that’s happening here. I just think Senator McCain has
lost track of what’s been going on the last 30 years and certainly the
last eight years....
This nationalism, this populism that’s coming under assault, its real
purpose is to once again reassert the United States as the leader of the
world and the organizer of liberty and freedom in the world and the
defender of liberty and freedom in the world, not to have the United
States be seen as responsible for the world’s problems, which is what
the swamp currently is constituted as, which is what the American
elites, the United Nations, the Ivy League schools are all teaching!
That the problems in the world are born of the United States’ dominance
and that’s what justifies cutting us down in size."...
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
McCain has it exactly backwards and perfectly exemplifies Establishment views. The US leads today only in being blamed for everything wrong in the world and the assumption that it must pay. It must demonize and impoverish itself for imagined global climate deficiencies stemming from the 1700s and open its borders to millions to take pressure off oppressors and tyrants-Rush Limbaugh
- ► 2018 (867)
- Trump won 89 of 100 counties that suffered worst f...
- EPA says Clean Power Plan "will result in negligib...
- Only nuclear energy can lift all humans out of pov...
- President Trump ignores the only violation of law ...
- Unfortunately for Facebook, its ad claims don't ga...
- 3 on Long Island arrested in massive opioid fentan...
- Alabama Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore has ...
- FBI illegally used taxpayer money in attempt to th...
- Yeah, Russia must've stolen 2010 and 2014 'shocker...
- Obama admin. refused 5 GAO recommendations to mode...
- So-called conservative media outlet Washington Fre...
- Speaking of assaults, unelected NY Times is conduc...
- UK Monarchy awarded Harvey Weinstein CBE honor, Co...
- It's Morning in America: Slime-drenched Jeff Flake...
- With Trump presidency country has last chance to r...
- Americans are born in bondage to the endless war i...
- No one said it was 'divisive' when George W. Bush ...
- FBI meddled in US 2016 election by using US tax do...
- 30 years ago Trump was speaking up for us. Larry K...
- Larry King on CNN asks Trump in 1988 if he's a Roc...
- George W. Bush thought we were deplorable long bef...
- Millions in free taxpayer cash available to “resea...
- McCain has it exactly backwards and perfectly exem...
- Clinton Foundation was free to accept foreign gove...
- Neocons are joined by Russia-hating liberals as to...
- The U.S. has an estimated 800 foreign military bas...
- Facebook grossly inflates ad reach claims in all 5...
- Iowa Democrat party fundraiser displays cardboard ...
- In 2014 Iran General said Obama was a "low IQ pres...
- Brazil imported more African slaves than any count...
- 4th Baltimore police detective pleads guilty in fe...
- Derek Jeter says it's OK if Miami Marlins players ...
- Halcyon days: 7/5/2016, Senator Corker introduces ...
- Senator Bob Corker says US troops will be in Afgha...
- Rush Limbaugh: The Republican Party has ceased to ...
- To Bob Corker: Your problem isn't Trump. Your prob...
- Dept. of Homeland Security Inspector General repor...
- Trump didn’t get to the White House via Russia, bu...
- Brazil canceled 2013 state visit to US over illega...
- 3 men arrested for planning to bomb locations in N...
- Contrary to assurances, vast US spy operations hav...
- NSA rules were secretly reversed in 2011 to allow ...
- FBI won't confirm or deny meeting with Golden Show...
- Take Cybersecurity away from national spy agencies...
- Chuck Schumer in July 2016 not worried about losin...
- $20 million food stamp fraud run from 8 small conv...
- State of Wisconsin is cyber targeted up to 60,000 ...
- What's wrong with guns? Obama flooded the world wi...
- Auto industry in Mexico is booming thanks to near ...
- Baltimore fans booed PA announcer who opened the g...
- Putin endorsed Obama for president on RT in 2012 a...
- Edmonton, Canada terror suspect Abdulahi Sharif is...
- So "the Russians" in 2014 must've incited 4 Congre...
- ▼ October (53)
- ► 2016 (1319)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)