4/14/11, "Straw Man Environmental Alarmism 101, California Style," American Thinker, Chuck Roger
"Course Description: Learn to craft false statements that appear factual and to justify "fixes" for imaginary problems. The student learns how to apply said fixes to an agenda which addresses environmentalists' most precious issue:
- human-caused global warming
The Caltrans website contains a section which almost comically could have been prepared for this fictitious course. An article titled "Turning a More Vivid Shade of Green: Caltrans Takes a Stand on Climate Change, Global Warming" states:
- "The world may be exhausting its supply of petroleum, but the larger question now has to do with an abundance of fossil fuel-generated greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) that threaten the planet we call home."
But the Caltrans article's falsehoods continue.
- "The relationship between transportation and climate change resulting from GHG emissions is fairly well understood. ... Emissions of GHG and the related subject of global climate change are emerging as critical issues for the entire transportation community."
"Turning a More Vivid Shade of Green" warns California residents of a global warming-decimated future plagued by flooded "tunnels, coastal highways, runways and railways, buckled highways and railroad tracks, and submerged dock facilities." The article praises California Assembly Bill 32 for dictating a "cap and trade system" and a 40 percent reduction in California residents' share of greenhouse gas emissions within nine years. Rumor has it that Caltrans will offer horse and buggy skills training, no-emission, tofu-powered lawnmowers, and souped-up hand sheers with built-in carbon sequestration devices for capturing stray emissions from unenlightened neighboring states.
Our Caltrans associate planner boasts that "California is leading the national climate change battle" with actions like price-expanding, horsepower-reducing, economy-killing fuel efficiency standards, governmental planning of "more efficient communities," "sustainable communities strateg[ies]," and development of a "transportation system... capable of withstanding climate change in the future."And watch out, because Caltrans has realized that roads "consume energy in many ways, including lights, water pumps, traffic signals, controllers, and signage." If the agency's "upgrades [of] traffic signals from high watt incandescent lamps to low energy light-emitting diode fixtures" is an indicator of things to come, and some enthusiastic, promotion-seeking employee switches off roadway water pumps, then what's left of California's residents could be in for dark, wet, free-for-all roadway adventures.
The Caltrans vision of a "More Vivid Shade of Green" wraps up on a particularly uplifting tone. The agency
- "...believes that creating a sustainable transportation system will yield other benefits, including more efficient use of transportation resources, reduced dependency on fossil fuels, greater energy security, improved mobility and travel options, and more livable communities.
Caltrans is proud to be at the forefront of taking on the climate change challenge, and the Department sees this moment as an opportunity to transform the way we do business, moving toward clean and sustainable technologies to ensure that all Californians can enjoy clean air, unpolluted water, and a healthy environment."Then the angels sang. They were the most vivid green angels that anyone had ever seen."
(The writer is a physicist and former high tech executive)
Everyone wants clean air and water. So they sell CO2 endangerment-which does not exist to begin with except as a multi-trillion dollar crime against humanity--along with clean air and water. And most people don't know the difference. ed.
The organized crime CO2 racket rests on the theory that all Americans are criminals. It says CO2 (carbon dioxide) is a poisonous and murderous substance caused mainly by criminal Americans who must pay billions to UN grifters, hedge fund thugs, and equatorial dictators who will use our money like others at the UN do,
- to redecorate their summer homes.
"A victim of a famine machine that is entirely man-made...by greens."... 12/28/10,
...Fresno, Calif., stands as the de facto capital of California's mighty Central Valley, the breadbasket of America." But
- 24.1% of Fresno's families are going hungry."...
"“Sustainability has less to do with the environment, and everything to do with economics. It is an attack on capitalism, and
- an attack on America’s middle class lifestyle.”" Enabled by weak politicians who have already transferred billions of US tax dollars to global grifters for 'social justice' purposes.
"For those unfamiliar with the sustainable development agenda, this might not seem like much,
- but it is huge.
- tiny, visible tip of the monstrous Agenda 21 sustainable development iceberg,
- approximately 600 local governments in the US
- Minus one."....