- The Woodrow Wilson Center is lavishly funded by rube US taxpayers. In return, we get a bunch of elitist slobs sitting in fancy buildings spewing bile about America. American children will go hungry while haters feed their faces around the world.
Award for Corporate Citizenship, have Sahenk or any of his Turkish cohorts pledged money to the Wilson Center? When I asked that question of the Center on Thursday afternoon, apparently no one could say,
- despite 12 "development" workers listed on the staff. I was passed along to another spokeswoman, who said she would look into it, but "People have to jump through hoops to get this information."
- with Congress continuing to pour in money, the Wilson Center has been able to
- leverage its congressionally created and subsidized status
- into an ability to raise additional tens of millions all over the map--
- but to keep growing, it wants yet more.
- several that are themselves funded by U.S. tax dollars.
- the U.S. State Department and
- the United Nations Development Program (which receives hundreds of millions annually from the U.S. government).
Now comes the Davutoglu award, with its message that the Wilson Center in bestowing its favors is willing to treat
- even the most flagrantly anti-American views (and deeds) as irrelevant, while collecting money around the globe.
Why should Congress keep fueling this morally blank,
- misleading and venal exercise with
- millions of American tax dollars?"
from Forbes.com, "Turkey's hollow prize," via John Batchelor show