12/19/16, "Trump Versus The Green Blob: The Battle That Will Define His Presidency," James Delingpole, Breitbart
"2016 will go down in history as the year when the world finally saw
sense. Nowhere will this be more apparent than in America’s bold and
brilliant decision to elect Donald Trump who, in my view, is set fair to
be one of the truly great U.S. presidents.
I realise that this isn’t obvious to some people—even those who claim
to be on the conservative side of the political argument. But after a
recent trip to D.C. for some private briefings, both with his transition
teams and with key members of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, I came
away more confident than ever that Trump has what it takes—especially
when it comes to dealing with arguably the most dangerous menace of our
time: the massively corrupt, overblown, expensive, misanthropic,
bullying, insidious, ugly, mendacious and hideously destructive
environmental industry—aka The Green Blob.
Sure there are other geopolitical threats out there—from ISIS, Iran
and the crumbling EU to a muscle-flexing Russia and an increasingly
arrogant China—but there’s probably none which has quite so big an
impact on ordinary peoples’ daily lives, on their economic and social
wellbeing, and on their children’s future as the Green Blob.
The Green Blob’s tentacles extend everywhere: into our kids’
classrooms (where they are brainwashed with environmental propaganda);
into our universities (where whole departments have now been hijacked
by green junk science—because hey, that’s where the money is); into the
mainstream media (most of which repeats, unquestioningly, the spurious
claims of impending eco-disaster put out by environmental activists and
publicity-hungry university departments); into business, which now
wastes billions on environmental compliance and billions more on energy
costs artificially inflated by the almost entirely unnecessary
government-mandated drive for renewables); into government (where few
politicians, even now, have the nous to appreciate that they have been
sold a pup and who still continue to inflict more “sustainable”
initiatives on their hapless electorates); into the economy, where jobs
have been killed and growth blighted by measures designed by
eco-fascists on a self-admitted mission to destroy Western industrial
civilisation; into the environment, which has been ravaged by the very
things we’re told are supposed to help save it—from bat-chomping,
bird-slicing eco crucifixes to those forests in the US which have been
chopped down to create wood-chip biofuels to be burned at Britain’s Drax
power station to the rare-earth minerals mined in appalling conditions
in China to make wind turbines; into the cost of living (inflated by
green taxes, regulations and tariffs), where in some cases people have
been driven into fuel poverty and an early death because governments
like Obama’s have caused electricity prices “necessarily” to “skyrocket”
by mandating renewables over cheaper, more reliable fossil fuel.
This insanity has been allowed to prevail, largely unchecked, for
over four decades. While enriching a corrupt few, it has caused misery
to billions. It costs the global economy at least $1.5 trillion every
year in “decarbonisation” expenditure which serves no purpose other
than to give virtue-signallers a warm glow of self-righteous
And no major politician, anywhere in the world, has had either the courage or the conviction to deal with it. Until now.
The Donald Trump presidency is a game changer. It’s the black swan
event the world so sorely needed to avert what was threatening to become
an out-of-control disaster.
Had Hillary won the Green Blob would have become so entrenched and powerful as to become almost indestructible.
Had any other GOP candidate but Trump won, very little would have
changed—because the GOP establishment (notably the Bushes) has been
almost as useless at facing off the green menace as the Democrats.
In a brief series of Trump Vs The Green Blob articles, I’m going to
be telling you what I learned on my fact-finding mission to
DC, explaining why this battle is so important, and giving you both the
good news (Trump’s picks are, for the most part, looking promising) and
the bad (some of his picks are less than ideal—starting with Rex
A common refrain among the conservatives I met in D.C. (most of them, like me, of the red-meat variety) was this:
“This is our chance. We never expected it to come our way. Now it’s here we’ve got to make damn sure we don’t blow it!”
I agree. Which is why here at Breitbart we’re going to start looking
at environmental issues more closely than ever. We’re going to hold
President Trump to account and help him do the right thing when—you can
be sure of this—there will so many vested interests doing their
darnedest to try and make him do the wrong thing…."
News that doesn't receive the necessary attention.
- ► 2017 (451)
- Biggest danger for Americans is Enemy Within and c...
- Russian President Putin statement: Russia chooses ...
- Amid 24/7 promises to detail ways in which "Russia...
- Sour Holiday Season for Neocons and liberal interv...
- Biggest Fake News story of 2016: That US president...
- Tragic legacy: Under Obama, food stamp use jumped ...
- 10,000 workers to be idled by GM, Fiat Chrysler at...
- Increase in US murders in 2015 was largest in near...
- The Little Drummer Boy, Harry Simeone Chorale
- Trump remarks on the UN in 3/21/16 AIPAC speech: "...
- Over 500,000 rejected asylum seekers still live in...
- Blue Christmas, Elvis Presley live in 1968
- Four Washington State electors who failed to vote ...
- US has 10,000+ open terror investigations. It take...
- Did US commit Act of War when it hacked 1996 Russi...
- Germany says couldn't deport Tunisian 'refugee' Is...
- The Murderous Beltway Establishment War Party exis...
- German Christmas market at Strasbourg targeted in ...
- Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos and CIA made $600...
- One last election still to be decided: Will the gl...
- Berlin Christmas market mass murderer was 'refugee...
- Hallelujah Chorus flash mob at food court
- DNC ignored professional cybersecurity warnings it...
- 7 CIA officers including base chief, mother of 3, ...
- US teen hacked CIA boss John Brennan and top US sp...
- CIA hacked US senators and lied about it: New York...
- Podesta emails were released from his gmail accoun...
- Washington Post Appends "Russian Propaganda Fake N...
- US officials found no evidence that Russia sought ...
- Republican party has exhausted ideological theme o...
- 2016 Connecticut voting mirrors pattern across the...
- ▼ December (31)
- ► 2015 (661)
- ► 2014 (456)
- ► 2013 (550)
- ► 2012 (611)
- ► 2011 (487)
- ► 2010 (337)
- ► 2009 (33)